G type fin tube
Find your unique heat transfer
solution with Murphy
Murphy Thermal Energy Technology was founded in 1992 and has been committed to the development of G type fin tube in HVAC industry.
Guided by customer needs, the company can customize thermal transfer products and thermal energy solutions according to customer needs, which can meet the needs of various customers and undertake the entire project from design, manufacturing to installation.
Our aim is to provide high-quality thermal energy solutions and services for the global thermal energy industry with high-quality products.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
We focus on providing the most suitable fin tube design for our customers, with a strong design team we make every effort to meet clients requirement.
With strong design team we accept all the OEM and ODM orders. Our production lines include customer’s labels and trademarks.
We manufacture and deliver according to your needs.
G Type fin tubes are formed by twisting a fin strip made of copper or aluminium into a machined groove and back-filling to secure the lock. G type fin tube is strong as compared to other tubes. It is widely used where high-temperature heat transfer is required.
Why we use G type fin tube?
What is G type fin tube
G type fin tube is a new type of high-efficiency heat exchange element. It is aimed at the shortcomings of the radiator made of string fins and wound fins, and improves a high-efficiency heat dissipation element using high-frequency welded fin tubes. The fin tube itself winds the strip steel on the steel pipe.
At the same time, the high-frequency welding process is adopted to weld the fins firmly to the tube to ensure the bonding strength of the tube and the fin. It has the characteristics of high heat exchange efficiency, large heat dissipation area, long service life, wide temperature range and high pressure.
Murphy can produce G type fin tubes with various specifications and materials in diameter from 20 to 150mm according to user requirements.
G type fin tube manufacturing
G type fin tube is a spiral groove with a certain width and depth is pre-processed on the steel tube, and then the aluminum strip is inlaid on the steel tube on the equipment.
During the winding process, due to a certain pre-tightening force, the steel strip will be tightly pinched in the spiral groove, thus ensuring a certain contact area between the steel strip and the steel pipe. In order to prevent the steel strip from rebounding and falling off, both ends of the steel strip must be welded to the steel pipe.
In order to facilitate the inlay, there should be a certain backlash between the steel strip and the spiral groove. If the backlash is too small to form an interference, the inlay process is difficult to proceed smoothly.
G type fin tube features
The main advantages of G type fin tube are:
1. High production efficiency, continuous winding production;
2. Low cost. It relies on the characteristics of high-frequency welding itself-skin effect to heat the surface of the workpiece to achieve the purpose of welding firmly, without adding any filler metal material during the welding process;
3. Since the high-frequency current only passes through the shallow surface of the steel pipe, the welding heat-affected zone is small, so the additional wall thickness caused by this need not be considered in the design calculation; the workpiece does not need to be heat treated after welding;
4. the welding is reliable, can withstand the thermal shock fluctuation caused by frequent opening and shutdown.
The advantages of G type fin tube heat exchanger for cold and hot fluid countercurrent heat exchange are:
1. Large logarithmic evaluation temperature difference: calculations show that at the same inlet and outlet temperature, the logarithmic average temperature difference during countercurrent flow is always greater than when the two fluids flow forward.
The larger the △T, it means that the heat transfer area can be saved. Therefore, in the heat exchanger design, the designer always tries to make the cold and hot fluid flow in the opposite direction.
2. When the hot and cold fluid flows back, the local heat transfer temperature difference on both sides at any position of the heat transfer surface is relatively uniform, and there will be no heat transfer temperature difference that is too large at one end and too small at the other. The heat transfer temperature difference is relatively uniform, which means that the heat transfer per unit area is also relatively uniform.
There will be no heat transfer due to excessive heat transfer in a certain place, and heat transfer at the other end is small, so the heat transfer area is not Exploited situation.
G type fin tube maitainance
The long-term use of any item is inseparable from careful maintenance and maintenance, and the G type fin tube is no exception. So in which aspects should the finned tube be maintained?
1. Regularly check whether each fin tube is cleaned well, whether there are deposits, coking, scales, etc., and clean it immediately. At the same time, it is necessary to check whether the adhesion of each fin tube and the rubber gasket is tight, and whether the rubber gasket itself is intact, so as to avoid leakage caused by degumming and damage of the rubber gasket.
2. The compression nut and the upper and lower guide rods of the plate heat exchanger should be frequently lubricated with lubricating grease.
3. Special personnel should be responsible for the adjustment of each instrument, and strictly implement the operating procedures for operation and maintenance.
4. When you need to replace the rubber gasket or repair the degummed part, you need to remove the fin tube, put it on the table, remove the old gasket, or use fine sandpaper for the glue traces in the groove of the fin tube at the degumming place wipe it off, then use a solvent such as carbon tetrachloride or trichloroethylene to wipe off the oil stains in the groove, and then wipe the back of the new rubber gasket with fine sandpaper, and also use carbon tetrachloride or trichloroethylene solvent wipe off the oil stains.
Then apply a thin layer of glue on both the groove and the back of the rubber gasket, and let it dry a little, so as not to stick to the fingers but still sticky, insert the rubber gasket into the groove, flatten it around, and apply a layer of talcum powder , Then install the finned tube on the equipment frame and gently clamp it. According to the requirements of the glue manual, the royal family can be put into production after a period of time.
5. Every time the fin tube is retightened, pay attention to the position of the scale during the last pressing. Do not over-press the rubber gasket to reduce the service life of the gasket.
6. When replacing the G type fin tube rubber gasket, all the sections must be updated to avoid uneven gaps between the pieces and affect the heat transfer effect.
How to choose G type fin tube
G type fin tube is widely used and used in many environments. Among them, it is mainly used in industrial production. Because the factory is densely staffed, in order to ensure the personal safety of the staff, we generally need to pay attention to the following when purchasing fin tubes Point question:
This is the most important factor. If this point cannot be satisfied, no one will use it. Those that cannot guarantee personal safety are contraband and cannot appear on the market, so generally they only need to be purchased from a formal machinery factory. It won’t happen.
Secondly, when purchasing a finned tube, we must pay attention to its service life. The longer the service life, the lower the wear rate and the slower replacement, which will save money. The factory definitely hopes that the less money it can draw. Good, so durability has always been an important factor in the purchase of finned tubes.
3. environmental protection
Environmental protection and safety are similar, but environmental protection is more about the safety of ambient air, so when choosing finned tubes, we must choose green and environmentally friendly ones, and the formal security inspection department will often check the factory processing.
The release of gas and waste water from time to time, so don’t choose cheap ones because of the cheap price. Once the problem is found, you will face the serious problem of fines and closure of the factory.
Therefore, when choosing G type finned tubes, most of the main considerations are to save money and safety. These are the most basic purchase factors. People in different industries can add more considerations according to their own needs.
Three factors to consider when choosing G type fin tube heat exchanger
The area of the G type fin tube refers to the sum of the total area of the expanded outer diameter of the tube, including three parts, the area of the base tube, and the area of the front and back sides of the fin. Because the fin has a thickness, so The area on the fins also needs to be added.
Of course, the area of the base tube needs to be deducted by the thickness of the fins. This means that the area exposed to the air must be accumulated.
In order to simplify the calculation, usually ignore the increased part of the spiral shape, and at the same time regard the trapezoidal fin as a rectangle. The difference between the two parts on the calculation result is relatively small.
In addition, the thickness of the cladding layer is related to the tightness of the laser welded fin tube. Many users will ignore this problem.
The contact pressure between the inner and outer tube walls of a qualified fin tube should be greater than 6.0Mpa, which is affected by too low contact pressure.
Heat transfer performance, and will expose the substrate tube to the air, causing corrosion, thereby shortening the service life.
Finned heat pipe heat exchanger is an important and basic component in the hot water heating system. The hot water is cooled in the fin heat exchanger to supply heat to the room, achieving the purpose of heating.
The metal consumption and cost of quality-guaranteed heat exchangers account for a considerable proportion of the heating system. Therefore, the correct selection of finned heat pipe heat exchangers involves the following three elements.
1. To understand the water supply quality of the community.
Whether the district water supply is acidic or alkaline, choose the heat exchanger material that suits you according to the corrosion characteristics of the raw materials, such as acid and aluminum.
Among them, the heat exchanger is basically a good choice for corrosion protection. Both in terms of price and raw material manufacturers, there are advantages.
2. To understand the manufacturing process of G-type inlaid fin tube heat exchanger.
Copper is divided into copper alloy and die-cast copper. Copper alloys are usually automatically welded. A set of copper fin heat exchangers is a whole, which is maintenance-free in the later period.
However, if the heat dissipation is not enough, it needs to be replaced as a whole. It is a whole, and then connected with a pair of threads, but the advantage is that if the heat dissipation is not enough, the number of pieces can be increased.
3. Third, consider the appearance.
There are many types of copper, and the surface treatment is smooth and beautiful. The styles of aluminum and copper-aluminum are single, because the aluminum material itself makes the appearance not prone to bumping.